It is time again for the Happy Stampers Bog Hop and this week we have Marilyn Pearen hopping with Eva and I. We have a colour challenge this week and the colours we are using are Lovely Lipstick, Pear Pizzazz and Grapefruit Grove.
For my card today, I chose to use the Perennial Birthday Stamp set from the Annual Catalogue. My card is a fairly simple card; for some reason I have a bit of a mental block when given a colour challenge. On my card I have used the Rectangle Stitched Thinlet Dies; I love these dies and would highly recommend you invest in them.
Here is how I created my card:
- Card Base - Thick Whisper White Cardstock cut at 8½ x 5½, scored at 4¼ and folded on the score line.
- Pear Pizzazz Cardstock cut using the Rectangle Stitched Thinlet Dies and embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder.
- Lovely Lipstick Cardstock cut using a smaller Rectangle Stitched Thinlet Die and embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder.
- On a piece of regular Whisper White Cardstock stamp the flowers and leaves from the Perennial Birthday Stamp Set in Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove and Pear Pizzazz inks. Cut out using another smaller Rectangle Stitched Thinlet Die.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday Sentiment from the Perennial Birthday Stamp Set in Lovely Lipstick on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and die cut with a die from the Stitched Labels Framelits Dies.
- Die cut a piece of Grapefruit Grove with the Rectangle Stitched Thinlet Dies.
To assemble the card:
- Using Multi Purpose Liquid Glue, attach the Pear Pizzazz and Lovely Lipstick layers to the card base and offset them.
- Attach the stamped Whisper White layer to the Lovely Lipstick Layer having it straight to the bottom and top of the card.
- Attach the die cut sentiment layer to the Grapefruit Grove die cut Rectangle with either snail adhesive or multi purpose liquid glue.
- Run some adhesive below where the sentiment will be placed and attach two pieces of the Grapefruit Grove Organdy Ribbon (the ribbon was a Sale-A-Bration item and is currently not available to order. It may be available in mid February or early March but only while supplies last).
- Attach the sentiment over the ribbon using dimensionals.
- Add a Grapefruit Grove flower sequin from the Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins and you are finished.
I hope you like the above card. As I was on a bit of a roll I created a second card using the same colours and the Incredible Like You Stamp set. Hope you like this one also!
|Incredible Like You Stamp Set|
Now it’s time to hop over and see what Marilyn has created for this week’s challenge. I know it will be awesome! You can click on the Next button, or on Marilyn's name below to visit her blog:
Elaine Greenwood YOU ARE HERE
Please feel free to leave me a comment.
If you live in Canada and would like to purchase items that I used to create my cards, you can click on any of the products listed below and it will take you directly to my store. If you are a regular shopper with me you can qualify for my Customer Rewards, read about it here. If placing an online order less than $200.00, please use the February Host Code AQVFRMWF.
I hope you have a wonderful day!